Attractions & Facilities at Southwold Harbour:
Please note that
the harbour area is a working harbour, and as such care has to be taken with children and
- Harbour Kiosk - Hot & Cold drinks; Confectionery; Ices; Kites etc.,
in front of the Museum, available April - October.
- G.Brown & Sons Boatbuilders
& Shipwrights. Southwold Boatyard, Blackshore, Southwold IP18 6TA.
Traditional Boatbuilders, slipping, repairs, sparmaking, caulking & storage. Tel 01502
725050. Mobile 0781 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwold Boatyard Tearoom. Blackshore, Southwold Harbour. Good hot
food, drinks, cakes and teas. Gifts. The elevated large windows overlook the harbour, and
there is no better place to sit on a sunny winters day. Open daily all year round.
- Fresh Fish at Southwold Harbour. Weather permitting, longshore fishing boats usually come in
around 10:00hours; Tony Scriven, John Palmer, Geoff Palmer amongst others are licenced to
sell from their boats. ('drifting' and 'lining' season in winter, 'trawling' starts 1st
April). Local fish from the local boats also available at 'Samantha K's' (01502 724000) (near the Harbour Inn). Bought in & some local fish at 'Christine Cara' near the Museum. Please don't be surprised if non-licenced
boats (no numbers painted on the outside) will not sell you fish. It is illegal for them
to do so.
- Justin E Ladd Boat Restoration, Blackshore, Southwold Harbour- Slipping,
repairs & storage. Mobile: 0789 9913642.
- Prospector III Angling Trips from Southwold Harbour. 6 anglers only. Call the skipper,
David Wright to book, on Southwold (01502)722411 or 0773 444 8698.
- Rowing Ferry to Walberswick, daily April - October, and occaisonally on fine weekends
in March. Located along from the Ferry Road car park. The quickest way to the Bell Inn at
Walberswick! The alternative is a 45 minute walk upriver to the bailey bridge and back.
- RNLI station adjacent to the Museum.
- Southwold Touring & Campsite
(across the road from the Museum): 01502 722486
In the Town: (20 minutes walk)
- The Harbour
Inn at Blackshore. Adnams Ales, restaurant
Southwold Museum Victoria Street. Tel (01502) 722437. Well worth the visit. Follow the
link and find out what they have to offer.
Reading Room, East Cliff.
Home | Alfred Corry | Restoration | Museum | Old Cromer Shed | X | Web Links
Local charities / businesses etc. wishing to be placed on this
list please contact website administrator