PAN RITUAL FOR FORTITUDE
This ritual sequence culminates with an Enochian Verse formula in a "positive thinking" mould which has been found to be consistently effective for major and minor endeavours, both personal and external. It is primarily an individual working, but can easily be modified for use by a group, perhaps for performance in the home of one of the participants.
The operator can use an Athame, a Wand, or similar ritual weapon.
Suitable incense is that pertaining to Pan (available from Amphora Aromatics), or any proprietary 'planetary' incense, those of the nature of the Sun or Jupiter being particularly suitable.
1. Clear any stray influences from the working area with a Banishing. Peter Carroll's 'Gnostic Banishing Ritual' or the 'Golden Dawn Banishing' on the Liber Bootleg tape should serve quite effectively, or use whatever equivalent procedure you feel comfortable with.
2. The Banishing may be followed with a period of meditation, or a visualisation exercise, such as 'The Mummy and the Mirror', also on Liber Bootleg.
3. The operator may find it useful to attune with a suitable lection or recitation, for example the 'Hymn to Pan' by Aleister Crowley.
4. The Enochian Verse should be intoned by the operator in a standing position, facing East (either geographical or determined by chance), sky-clad or naked under a single robe of any colour. It may be useful to transcribe the phonetic representation of the Enochian text onto a larger sheet of card or paper, which can be erected on an altar or held by an attendant. The ritual weapon may be held above the head throughout the intonation, or raised prior to the proclamation "ABRA-CHAD-ABRA". At the moment of the climactic KIAI (either a shout in the style of a martial arts practitioner, or an exclamation of orgasmic ecstasy) the weapon should be brought from above the head to strike a seal or device the ground, while strongly visualising a lightning flash. The eight-rayed symbol of Chaos is a suitable seal for general use, and may be traced with the weapon before commencing the intonation, or represented on paper; any personal device or a pentagram (aright or averse according to taste) will also be effective.
5. Some people prefer to close with a formal banishing, but a simple hand-clap, a sequence of Knocks, or a Chao-Discordian 'Banishing with Laughter' would be appropriate, particularly if the ritual is performed as part of a longer session of magical work.
COPYRIGHT NOTE: This is a public domain ritual devised by Fra Choronzon 999 of the London Temple of the Magical Pact of the Illuminates of Thanateros (IOT). If you find it useful please feel free to copy it, with acknowledgement, to other responsible practitioners of Magic.
NOTE ON ENOCHIAN PRONOUNCIATION: The text below is given on three lines. The actual letters of the Enochian words are capitalised, the English translation of each word is immediately below, and the vocalised Enochian words, written phonetically for pronounciation, form the third line.
"NOTHING IS TRUE :: EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED"
COCASB BRINT NIIS BAGLE ALDI DE LIMLAL.
The time has come for the gathering of treasure.
coh-cah-sah-beh bar-ee-en-teh nee-ee-ess bah-gee-leh ah-el-dee deh lee-mah-lah-el.
TOH VORS BABALON YOLCI MOZ.
Triumph over the wicked brings forth joy.
toh-heh voh-ress bah-bah-loh-en yoh-el-cah-ee moh-zod.
ABRAMS VAUL ZIRN GMICALZOMA.
I prepare to work wonders with power & understanding.
ah-bah-rah-mah-geh vah-oo-el zod-ce-ar-en geh-mee-cah-lah-zod-oh-mah.
OI SALMAN TRIAN VMADEA OD
This house shall be a strong tower and
oh-ee sal-mah-en tar-ee-ah-en veh-mah-deh-ah oh-deh
NONCP BLIORS BAGLE PRIAZ DS ZORGE;
A place of comfort for those who are friendly unto mc;
en-oh-en-cah-peh beh-lee-oh-ress bah-gee-leh pah-ree-ah-zod deh-ess zod-oh-rah-geh;
CAPIMOA PRIAZ DS TORZUL ASPT OL SA VONPO
While those who rise up before me in wrath
cah-pee-moh-ah pah-ree-ah-zod deh-ess toh-ar-zod-oo-el ah-ess-peh-teh oh-el sah voh-en-poh
TRIAN ADRPAN OD SA ARCOAZIOR VMPLIMF.
Shall be cast down, and by that increase my strength.
tar-ee-ah-en ah-deh-rah-pah-en, oh-deh sah ar-coh-ah-zod-ee-oh-rah veh-em-peh-lee-em-eff.
A OI OTHIL EMETGIS DE VOVIN.
On this I set the seal of the dragon.
ah oh-ee oh-tah-hee-el em-eh-teh-gee-ess deh voh-vee-en.
IO \ PAN