Dryhope Tower is a sixteenth century tower which is now a Scheduled Ancient Monument. It may have been partly rebuilt in 1613 and it stands to its full height of three storeys with the remains of a roof level guard house. The stone vault above the second floor is largely complete but in a dangerous condition at one end. The ground floor vault and the newel stair have collapsed.
Owner: Philiphaugh Estate Trust.
Blackett-Ord Consulting Engineers