Information and Terms & Conditions
For Stays at Stables, Ilsington Lawn, Puddletown, Dorset.
Nature of Letting - Our accommodation is made available for short-term bed and breakfast holiday letting or temporary stay and not to provide permanent living accommodation. The owners retain at all times the right to terminate a letting and without notice.
Reservations - Please phone or email to provisionally book your accommodation. Provisional reservations are held for 24 hours.
Deposits - A small deposit of £25 is required upon arrival. This is returned when the key is handed over at the end of the stay.
Cancellations - If you have to cancel your holiday for whatever reason please notify the owners as soon as possible in writing or by e-mail.
Arrival and Departure - Unless otherwise agreed in writing, lettings commence at 3.30pm at the earliest on the first day of the let and end no later than 10.30 am on the day of departure, allowing time for cleaning of the property between visitors. For a small charge, these times may be extended. If this is required, please ensure the owners are informed in good time.
Linen - Bed linen, towels and tea towels are provided by the owners. Please note: towels must not be taken off the premises.
Pets - Pets are not allowed.
Exclusions - The owners regret that, unless agreed in writing, bookings cannot be accepted from groups or single persons under the age of 21.
Regrettably, children under the age of seven cannot be accepted in Stables.
Guest Obligations -
The guest agrees to the following terms and conditions:-
1. To take good care of the property and contents, and to leave the property in a reasonably clean and tidy condition at the end of the letting. The owners reserve the right to make a cleaning charge of £30 in the event of failure to comply. A cleaning service is not provided during the course of the letting.
2. All breakage and damages must be reported to the owners and must be paid for by the guest before they leave the site.
3. To permit the owners and agents reasonable access to the property at all times in the case of an emergency.
4. Not to part with possession of the property, or share it except with the members of the party shown on the booking form.
5. Key duplication is strictly forbidden. If spare keys are required, please consult us.
6. Use of all, or any, amenities provided to the guests is provided by the owners to each guest entirely at the guest's risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any personal injuries or loss or damage to persons or their property.
7. This contract contains the whole agreement between the parties; the website, correspondence and advertising materials are offered in good faith, and neither they nor any oral representations made by the owners or their agents form any part of this agreement.
8. The owners make no representation as to the state of condition of the property, nor to the position, type or state of the furnishings described on or shown in any literature.
9. If for any reason the property is not available on the date booked, including damage by fire, flood, storm, war, terrorism or other act beyond the control of the owners or the property is unavailable for holiday letting, all charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full, but the applicants shall have no further claim against the owners or agents for holidays cancelled.
10. All complaints must be notified to the owners immediately so that an on-site investigation can be made and, if necessary, remedial action taken. Under no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints raised after the completion of the letting (which is not notified to the owners during the letting).
11. If there is a material breach of these conditions, the owners reserve the right to terminate the letting without prejudice to any other rights and remedies the owners may have against the guest.
12. There is a set speed limit of 5mph on the property. Vehicles are parked on the site at their owners’ risk. We cannot accept liability for any damage or loss to vehicles or their contents on the property.
13. There is a strict NO SMOKING policy.
14. You undertake that only the agreed number of persons will occupy or use the facilities in the property and whose details have been disclosed at the time of booking. The owners reserve the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed.
15. All the guests must endeavour at all times to keep any noise at a level that will not disturb other people. The playing of loud music or loud offensive behaviour is prohibited at all times and the owners reserve the right to terminate the letting without notice if a guest causes a disturbance or nuisance to another guest or the owners.
16. The contract is deemed to have been made with the owners of Ilsington Lawn, Puddletown, Dorset, and will at all times be under the jurisdiction of the law of England.
17. The owners will make all reasonable provision for the accommodation of disabled people, although the nature of the old property makes it unavoidably unsuitable for some. If any members of the group require special consideration, please ensure the owners are notified when making a booking enquiry and before any reservation is made.
If any term or provision in these Terms and Conditions shall, in whole or in part, be held to any extent to be illegal or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law, that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms and Conditions and the enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
Nick & Lauran Church (the owners), Ilsington Lawn, Puddletown, Dorset. 2009.