- Stephane Gelinas notes:
- 'This is truly a "real" bootleg, as there are no record labels, release dates, copyright information, or any other information on the record. The only thing available is the song titles, and when/where they were recorded. The first side's quality is so-so, but the second side's quality is excellent.
Overall, it's a good bootleg. BTW - "Forever on the run" (that's what's written on the bootleg) is actually "Raison d'etre". I have no idea why this would be on the _LOVE BITES_ demo tape, but that's what the bootleg says! Perhaps they had written it before Love Bites was released, but decided not to include it on the record [see note for single 'You Say You Don't Love Me' about this song].
This bootleg doesn't have a sleeve. A colored sheet of paper acts like the "Cover" of the album, and is inserted in the plastic jacket that you put the LP in. The name "BUZZCOCKS" does not appear on the front of this "cover", where the name of the bootleg and the name of the songs appear. On the reverse side of the sheet of paper, there is a black and white photo of the traditional BUZZCOCKS line up, and there is underneath the photo the word "Buzzcocks".'
Tracks 12 & 13 are labelled in reverse order on the sleeve.
- Greg Earle notes:
- 'I have an original copy, and the insert sleeve has a band photograph on one side (black & white) with "Buzzcocks" on top, and a drawing of a straight razor is superimposed on the bottom of the picture. On the other side is a red & blue picture montage; it says "RAZOR CUTS" in white letters on red at the top; then there are 11 blue "squares" that contain either the track listing (in 2 of the squares) or red drawings of open mouths & lips - with the words SKEE- -DOO- -DAT- -OOO- -BAH- -REE! -DAT- -AAH- -RAH- above each mouth drawing. The 12th square is red letters against a white background giving the sources of the tracks.
"Angelo" isn't really a song. It's between song chatter and somebody starts to half-assed sing some old song for about 15-20 seconds ... the sound quality of these 3 [06-08] tracks is horrible.'
- I Don't Mind [a]
- Ever Fallen in Love [a]
- Noise Annoys [a]
- Love You More [b]
- Can't Control Myself [b]
- Oh Shit [c]
- Angelo (sort of...) [c]
- Breakdown [c]
- Forever on the Run [raison d'etre] [d]
- Real World [d]
- Operator's Manual [d]
- Lipstick [e]
- Promises [e]
- Orgasm Addict [f]
- No Reply [f]
- Oh Maxine [g]
- Live in anytown, 1978
- Tony Wilson's "What's On" TV special broadcast Jul 21, 1978. BUZZCOCKS #1.0 briefly reunited for this single song performance. This track also found on the bootleg LP Best In Good Food. (see note for Time's Up.)
- Leeds Poly 25-8-77 (BUZZCOCKS #2.0.)
- Love Bites demo tape, mid-1978
- Kid Jensen, Autumn 1978 [These 2 tracks might be from the Jan 1979 Mike Reed BBC radio show because they are not among the Kid Jensen set lists provided by Gez. ???]
- U.A. 1st demo tape Aug 30,1977 (BUZZCOCKS #2.0.)
- Shelley solo accoustic Feb 1979 Picadilly Radio, Manchester. (mislabelled as 'Oh Maxime')(see note for second listing of Razor Cuts under PETE SHELLEY)