Simon and Garfunkel / Paul Simon books
Below are some in and out of print books about Simon and Garfunkel.
I have created a section about musical books.
The Paul Simon Songbook
This was published in 1965 in England to coincide with the release of the songbook. A list of contents follows below. The songs are just chords and melody notes but the arrangements are by Paul himself. It is published by Lorna Music Co. Ltd, 5 Denmark Street, London, W.C.2.
- Full page photo of Paul Simon
- Introductory foreword by Judith Piepe (his agent at the time)
- Biography of Paul Simon
- He was my brother
- Kathy's Song
- The Side of a Hill
- A Simple Desultory Philipic
- Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall
- I Am a Rock
- Leaves That Are Green
- A Church Is Burning
- April Come She Will
- The Sound of Silence
- Bleeker Street
- A Most Peculiar Man
- "On Drums and Other Hollow Objects" A short story by Paul Simon
The Paul Simon Songbook No.2
Published in 1967 this has an interesting mix of Paul Simon songs, including a rare one "Someday, One Day" which was written in 1966 but not recorded by Paul but by the original Seekers. I have made a mid of this file so you can hear it. The songbook has piano and vocal lines. Published by Pattern Music Ltd, 5 Denmark Street, London, W.C.2.
- At the Zoo
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
- The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
- For Emily, Whenever I May find her
- Scarborough Fair/Canticle
- Someday, One Day
- The Dangling Conversation
The Paul Simon Songbook No.3
Published also in 1967, by the same publisher as number 2, this also has piano, lyrics and chord symbols of the following songs. It has three unrecorded (by Paul Simon at least) songs.
- Red Rubber Ball
- A Hazy Shade of Winter
- A Poem on the Underground Wall
- I Wish You Could Be Here
- Wednesday Morning 3am
- You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies
- Homeward Bound