Although much altered the church retains its long, low and narrow construction, of ancient mode.
1633 saw the addition of the Lamont North Aisle and the ground floor burial vault, which now house the well-preserved Kilfinan Stones dating from the 9th century which really must be seen.
The Friends of Kilfinan Parish Church is an association of those dedicated to preserve, maintain, repair and restore the fabric of this important building. Although primarily a fund raising venture the association hopes to organise a number of social and educational events. The first of these was a "pilgrimage" to all the ancient religious sites in the Parish on Sunday 8th August 1999 which was very well attended. Watch this space for details of future events.
Membership of the Association is open to anyone with an interest in the Church or the surrounding area. For further details click here or contact the secretary, Margaret Sutherland, Drum Cottage, Kilfinan, Tighnabruaich, Argyll, PA21 2ER. Telephone: 01700 821207