Churches & Bells of Worcester
St John-the-Baptist-in-Bedwardine, Worcester
8 Bells, Tenor 15-1-16 in F
St John's Church (12th Century, and later) is situated west of the river and has given its name to the whole of that part of the conurbation, which is simply known as "St John's". The eight bells were previously a ring of six cast by Mears in 1816 and hung in a wooden eight-bell frame. Augmentation to eight, by Taylor's, came in 1929.
After four years of being out of action due to death watch beetle in the tower, ringing has now resumed.